Re: GM Quad4 (2.3L DOHC I4) :How durable is it?

Having all-electric vehicles makes for much simpler drive trains and a lot less to go wrong. A simpler mechanism is easier to repair as well.
But, once GM gets their hands on the design, all bets are off. I am sure the same people that designed Oldsmobile diesel engines that exploded at 30,000 miles and Chevy ECUs that crashed when nearby truckers keyed up their CB radio will figure out some way to make electric vehicles that fail prematurely and are difficult to repair. --scott

On Saturday, April 20, 2019 at 8:33:52 PM UTC-5, Scott Dorsey wrote:

Get a torque wrench and check the head bolts, other 'important' bolts. If the vehicle has a lot of miles on it, you will probally find some loose bolts, regardless of whatever brand name of engines.