Re: International 4700 Diesel

My name is Matt. I work for an auto repair shop in Arizona. We have two

> tow trucks, but International 4700 diesels. One has been out of service for > about 6 months. The problem is that while we are driving it, it cuts out > intermittently; it will drive, then the "WAIT TO START" light will flicker > on and the engine will stall, immediately following the light will go off > and it will drive again. It keeps this up: off, on, off, on, off...on until > it stalls and we have to start it. Finally, the truck wouldn't start > anymore, and it sat for 6 months. Today, the same exact thing happened to > our once-working truck. Exactly the same thing. Our mechanics have looked > at it, checked the fuses and done other things, but we are stumped. We even > had our 6 month truck at a diesel shop and THEY couldn't figure it out. I > don't know if you've ever heard of this problem, but we are desperate, now > with 2 out of our three (and both flat beds) tow trucks are out of > commission, and we hope you can help us. > > > > Thank you.

Sounds like you need to take them into a International/Navistar dealer for proper troubleshooting and repair.

Reply to
Oscar_lives

Need more information, What engine ?

DT360, DT466 or the new V-8 ? Does it have an electric shut down solenoid or a cable. If it's a late engine it probably is computer controlled and IHC is probably the only people that have the electronics that will pull the right codes. The Ford scanners do not work. Is the problem fuel or electronic?

Reply to
RON