Can't think....how much fuel treatment to use

Ok, my brain cells must be fried. I am trying to figure out how much = diesel fuel treatment to add at my fill up. The fuel treatment = indicates that 1 gallon treats 2000 gallons of fuel or in Canada, 3.785 = litres treats 7570 litres of fuel. How much should one add if one adds =

50 litres of fuel.
Reply to
Sam

fuel treatment to add at my fill up. The fuel treatment indicates that 1 gallon treats 2000 gallons of fuel or in Canada, 3.785 litres treats 7570 litres of fuel. How much should one add if one adds 50 litres of fuel.

It sounds like a 1:2000, so divide the fill amount by 2000, 50/2000 = 0.025 liters, 25ml or about 1 US ounce more or less.

Reply to
Roger Brown

diesel fuel treatment to add at my fill up. The fuel treatment indicates that 1 gallon treats 2000 gallons of fuel or in Canada, 3.785 litres treats

7570 litres of fuel. How much should one add if one adds 50 litres of fuel.
0.025 liters, 25ml or about 1 US ounce more or less.
Reply to
Rob Guenther

Why even use this stuff in the summer time? I can understand using an additive for the winter, but why the summer?

Is it just like adding Sea Foam or some other snake oil? What does it do in the summer? If your engine smokes, the snake oil isn't going to fix that. :-)

Reply to
Peter Parker

It adds some lubrication ingrediant to the fuel, adds a bit more punch to the regular diesel (sometihng like an octane boost, kinda deal), reduces smoke under hard acceleration, if you get a bad batch of diesel it won't be as hard on the engine's injector pump.... stuff like that. My dealer recommends using it, but says if you know you are getting top quality diesel fuel, you have nothing to worry about - well, too bad top quality diesel fuel isn't readily availible everywhere.... It's just a little insurance policy, and it only costs a buck or so per tank...

Reply to
Rob Guenther