Remote starter question

I'm thinking of getting one for my wife's car, an 85 Volvo. I'm fairly good at fixing and maintaining the car, but don't want to be tearing out the dashboard and rewiring the ignition switch etc to install a remote starter if that's what it takes... The car does not have electric door locks or truck lock. I just want to be able to start the car. Is this a big deal to wire? Is it done under the hood vs inside the car? Is it a major job to wire it in? Any info appreciated. Thanks!

Reply to
RideHOG

Murphy

OK Thanks, appreciate the help.

Reply to
RideHOG

i suggest bulldog remote starters they have a adaptor harness for most vechicles but will not work on a straight drive safty factors with being in gear and clutch depression switch. check out the web site:

they are real easy to install and have tech support made for the doit your selfer

Reply to
<SHERNDON1

Appreciate the help. Will ck out the Bulldogs.

Reply to
RideHOG

Someone else said they're pretty easy to install. I disagree.

I spent all day putting the Ford-branded unit into my full-size '03 Ford van. It works as advertised but it is a pain to put in.

Reply to
Bob M.