Replace Alternator on Buick 95 Skylark

I need to replace my alternator on a 95 Buick Skylark. After a quick glance it seems the difficult part is dealing with the belt. Getting the alternator on and off looks simple enough.

Can anyone give me instructions, or a link, on instructions on how to do this process?

TIA.

BR

Reply to
Big Bubba

I would help to know which engine you have.

Reply to
Paul

If you can't figure out how to get the belt off, you should leave it alone.

Reply to
thenitedude

It is a 3.1L V6.

TIA.

BR

Reply to
Big Bubba

Thanks Junior. That's what I'm working on right now.

Reply to
Big Bubba

Hehe. Saw this: "If it's a V-6, it's at the bottom of the serpentine belt. There should be a diagram of the belt on a label where the passenger's side shock absorber is, under the hood. "

and this:

Just get a bar on it to slacken it so you can get the belt off the alt. Might be able to use a wrench to turn it.

--Vic

Reply to
Vic Smith

3.1 = 18mm socket on the tensioner pulley. Make sure your car has the belt diagram.
Reply to
Paul

Vic:

Thanks.