Replacing battery in an '04 Explorer

If I replace the battery in an '04 Explorer, I am fairly sure I will have to re-program the radio, but will I also have to re-set the keyless entry security codes as well ?

Thanks

Reply to
sid

Go buy a memory saver that plugs into the cigar lighter and you won't have to worry about it. It's a 9 volt battery connected to a cigar lighter plug. Holds the memory while you swap the battery. I have one that I made out of a plug and a special 12 volt photo battery.

Reply to
Steve W.

Radio - yes. Keyless entry - (if its factory) no.

Reply to
E. Meyer

I wonder why car radios don't use nvram for stations settings?

Reply to
Paul in Houston TX

Went ahead and swapped the battery w/o a memory saver of any type. Found one at the local Auto store, but they wanted $20 for a unit that accepted a 9v as well as leads for another batter. Didn't do it, not for one swap every 4 yrs.

Did not loose the security settings, did loose the radio stations, clock and the trip-odometer.

Thanks

Reply to
sid

Trip-odometer is unexpected. Most cars preserve that.

Reply to
E. Meyer