replacing (buzzing) door lock actuator on Accord - anyone with experience doing this?

I have a 97 accord coupe with about 160K. When locking my power locks, the door lock actuator in the passenger side door makes a loud buzzing sound. I took apart the door panel and looked at the necessary steps in service manual. I have the option to buy a replacement actuator or a new latch with an actuator already attached.

72115-SV2-003 ACTUATOR ASSY., R. DOOR LOCK $88.45 72110-SV2-013 LOCK ASSY., R. FR. POWER DOOR $136.53

I would prefer to buy just the actuator and attach it to the old latch. (would save me about $50). Can anyone attest to the difficulty in doing this? Or is it best to replace the entire module (latch + actuator completely assembled).

Also when removing the outdoor door handle (necessary to replace the actuator), there are two bolts (accessed from inside the door) any tips in how on how to remove the hard-to-reach bolt?

Reply to
techman41973

JoeFields

you check all the online honda parts places? junkyards? maybe a generic servo would work? servo from an aftermarket lock kit? rebuilding/fixing the old one?

just tossing out some ideas to chew on.

Reply to
SoCalMike

Hm, this buzzing door lock seems to be a common problem for I've had it on my '94 Accord LX as well, though on the driver side. I just haven't done anything about it as otherwise the lock works and figured the work and cost of fixing it is not worth it.

Rudy

Reply to
R. P.