RX300 Check Engine code P0171

Hi all. We have a 2000 RX300 with 52K miles. The check engine idiot light just came on. We had it checked at the dealer and they diagnosed a running lean condition and that we needed a new Air Flow Meter. Does anyone have any experience with this? If it is the AFM, where can I purchase one other than the dealer?

Thanks for your help.

Lee

Reply to
Lee

JimV

Yes we are in the US but according to the warranty description in the owner's manual something like this is only covered until 50K (we have 52!). I question the diagnosis too and that's why I'm going to get a second opinion this afternoon.

Thanks for your input.

Reply to
Lee

Wells P/N SU5225