Help with RX300 Check engine light

Hello, Tonight my wife said a light came on her dash. I checked it an it is the check engine light. About a month ago dashboard light came on indicating a tailight bulb needed to be replaced. I checked and checked but could not find a lamp out. Now the check engine light is on but the check tail lamp light is off. Has anyone had an experience like this? What might cause this? The car is a 2000 RX300 with about 56,000 miles Thanks

Reply to
Archi1

I have a 99 RX300, with about 69K miles. My check engine light came on about a month ago. I called the dealership, and they said as long as the check engine light is NOT blinking, that it was not an emergency. If the check engine light is blinking, then to pull over, and go no further. (Mine was not blinking.) I took my car in the next day, and they determined it was an emmissions sensor (or something like that) that had gone awry. They fixed the problem for a tick over $300.00. Steph

Reply to
Stephanie Kolban

Before I go much more in a search for a mobile GPS, are there any problems with a Garmin or Magellan picking up satellites from a dashboard mount? Some auto windshields have coatings that inhibit signals. Thanks Nick

Reply to
Nick C Topolos

My Garmin worked perfectly

Reply to
Stuck in Central Florida

Nick C Topolos tastet i news:SDNUc.183558$eM2.117115 @attbi_s51:

I use a HP Ipaq with TomTom Navigator GPS, it works like a champ.

Reply to
Knut Oddvar Riisoen

Reply to
Buckshop LeFunk