scangauge gauges

Using a scangauge in a 97 avenger 4 cyl 5 speed. I'm getting 36 mpg tank avg on midgrade at about 60. I notice the Throttle position sensor reads 12 at idle, and foot on the floor is 75. Why wouldnt wide open throttle be 100??

Reply to
BobG

because, computers don't think like humans. being a human you think 100 is WOT the voltage from the tps maybe varies overs a very narrow range, and

100 has nothing to do with anything.
Reply to
Lawrence Glickman

LG: because, computers don't think like humans. being a human you think 100 is WOT the voltage from the tps maybe varies overs a very narrow range, and

100 has nothing to do with anything. ===================== Thanks for the reply! Since TPS is an OBD parameter, I assume the scangauge is just displaying what the vehicle computer is reporting. The sg manual does say different vehicles report different percentages at WOT.... some 100, some less. Think this 97 avenger has a Mitsubishi computer or Dodge? Any good links you recommend to start reading about OBD and/or tuning?
Reply to
BobG