Seat belt problems

I am having a problem with my seat belt.

The belt does not completely retract.

So when I close my door, it can not do so.

I have tried putting graphite on the belt, but there is not improvement.

Any ideas ??

Reply to
Andy

That has happened to me several times on different vehicles. I took the belts apart, cleaned dirt and dust off of all the parts, then let them re-roll on the tensioners.

Reply to
Paul in Houston TX

The part that needs to be cleaned and lubed is the spring and spool on the retractor. Usually you need to remove some trim to get to them.

Be VERY careful if you have a newer (2005 and up) car. Most have sensors for the air bags as well as locking charges that fire with the air-bags.

Reply to
Steve W.