serpentine belts are flexible in more ways than one!!!

Out in the middle of nowhere and no money our wageneer jeep alternater froze and we stopped before destroying the serpentine belt. We ended up bypassing the alternature by trying various looping combinations to get it to work the other stuff so the car would at least be drivable less the charging system. The only intelligent issue was making sure the water pump would not be running backwards. It worked so well that we just charged the battery up in needed till we sold the the car a while later.

next time i will tell the story of fixing a new mercendes radiator breakage. Cause by all the belts deralling from gravel getting kicked up between the pullys and belt. We should of taken it easy in the dirt with this sedan.

and the landrover that blew a rear differential in the Iranian desert. (We drove it to hard and fast for a low geared car). We fixed it on the spot all day.

Reply to
David Askari

I will not be buying a used vehicle from you sir.

Reply to
MaxAluminum

The buyer was informed of the serpentine belt and bad alternater so he paid the price that would leave him funds to do the repairs.

Some people who buy used cars would rather get the discount and do repairs themselves to save on labor.

My reply is based on what I think was a negative response by you.

Reply to
David Askari

Well gee, David, I don't think my response was more than a statement of fact, a simple declarative sentence understood by most who speak English. I have a policy when looking for used vehicles. I never buy vehicles that have been driven by young people or have lots of bumper stickers or huge stereos. I avoid anything leaking lots of fluids. And lastly, I avoid anything that MAY have been FUBARed.

Reply to
MaxAluminum

If english is the point, you know the point I made had nothing to do with selling cars, even if it was about selling used cars, you would never be looking at those kind of cars anyway that are found at certain used car lots. The time I spent on the serpentine belt to bypass the alternature would have been a overall loss if I was trying to sell the car. I would have just got a new alternater. P.S. bad english does not need to be automaticly pointed out.

Reply to
David Askari

In your case it's obvious.

Reply to
MaxAluminum

The point I made was that a serpentine belt can be reconfigured in a bind. Now if my bad english is all you got. Then that was the point you got.

Reply to
David Askari