Smoke bomb Accuras

I've seen quite a few Accuras (older models) that appear to burn oil quite badly. Was this some sort of design problem, or do the used ones just attract the sort of owners who just drive them into the ground without maintenance?

Another observation: Just this morning, I got stuck behind one that was putting out some pretty thick blue clouds. After following it through a few stops and finally watching it accelerate down an on-ramp, something struck me as odd. The quantity of smoke doesn't seem to depend on the vehicle's speed or throttle setting. It was always the same amount of smoke. What sort of failure might cause this kind of consumption?

Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Impossible. Optical illusion. Hallucination. Hondas are perfect and stay that way forever.

An oil leak onto a hot exhaust component.

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

American cars are the best. 2005 Pontiac Sunfire, 2005 Ford Thunderbird,

2006 GM Hydrogene Hydra
Reply to
Mark Levitski