spare parts for older hondas

Hi, I have inherited from my late uncle a Honda 1985 CRX 1.5 ..effectively a two seater with small bucket seat only 40,000mls! . I am keen to find sources for spare parts eg distributor cap, leads, rotor as Honda dealers seem very slow and very expensive! am also in ned of finding someone who can check and tune the engine as it has an electronic suysytem whicgh at present seems fine but may nneed to be tuned. any advice would eb much appreciated. Cheers Derek York England

Reply to
derek

Congratulations on your inheritance Derek. I like your thinking in acquiring parts ahead of time. Think of it as an investment that will pay you back over time. I'd also be looking for sensors and modules, fuel regulator, stuff like that. I can't offer you a source from way over here. However, if you have room to store it, maybe you could pick up a parts car cheap that would have a lot of hard parts.

Reply to
Al Bundy

OEM Honda part dealers that generally beat dealership part prices by a lot and generally have parts for 1980s Hondas:

(parts section; great drawings; actual Honda OEM part numbers given; in California)

(great drawings; on NE coast)

(Colorado; type in part nos. as needed)

I have used all three. No serious complaints. The Colorado store has the best shipping policy for my needs--a flat 10% of the price, usually.

alt.autos.honda and rec.autos.makers.honda are excellent resources. You should lurk there and see the wonderful anecdotal experiences exchanged and the references to Honda repair web sites!

Matter of fact, you should consider re-posting there.

"derek" wrote

Reply to
Elle

Hi Al, Many thanks for your encouragement i will definitely scout out the sensors as they will be critical over the next few years Cheers

Derek

Reply to
derek

hi Elle, I have never used a usergroup till now butyour advice is practical and priceless Many thansk indeed for spending the the time to help I will contact those shown and try another psoting! i have family in USA so I am sure that if they cant ship ity here to Uk they can to my realtions in Oklahoma. Cheers and thanks again

Derek

Reply to
derek

Derek, oops; I overlooked that you were emailing from the UK. Definitely point that out to folks at the two Honda newsgroups. Some UK folks do post there and might have some suggestions for online OEM Honda part companies closer to you.

I have found the Factory service manuals at

to be extremely helpful. The c. 1985 Civic one should match your CRX in many sections. Alternatively,
has the free online Chilton's+ manual for your 85 CRX. Chilton's is very good these days and identical to the Factory Service manual in many places.

"derek" wrote

Reply to
Elle