wacky oil pressure guage

'93 Olds Achieva base OHC quad motor- same as Grand Am, Skylark. My oil pressure guage is "waving" at me. I just changed the oil, no leaks, runs smooth. I'm trying to find the location of the sending unit or sensor. Anyone?

Reply to
merlotbrougham

Could be a bad sensor. Its by the filter.

Reply to
« Paul »

Could be the quad 4 engine. If sending unit seems ok, screw in a mechanical gauge to verify the oil pressure--those engines aren't the strongest when it comes to overheating and having friendly oil lites. Luck to you--hope it's the sending unit. s

Reply to
sdlomi2

If by "waving" you mean the gauge intermittently swings full range (or maybe half range) it is possibly a loose, dirty corroded connection that is breaking the circuit intermittently. Could be in the wiring or even in the sensor itself. If the wire is shorting to ground could also look similar.

-jim

Reply to
jim

Reply to