Suggestion to pump gasoline from one car to another in a garage

Yep, The Alabama State Troopers did it too back in the early 70's during the Arab oil embargo.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

My wife is just as bad in the opposite way. She drives 16 miles round trip to save $0.15/gal. She drives a Chey pickup with a 350

Jimmie

Reply to
JIMMIE

Not all cars have them,ut they are a Schrader valve, like a tire valve, for connecting a pressure guage for diagnostics. Be slow pumping, and the car would need to be running as the pump only runs for about 3 seconds with the car not running.

Reply to
clare

He didn't say what kind of car HE drives. If it's a late model chrysler (neon/2000 ijn particular) and many other models, there in no longer a fuel return and the pressure regulation is done in the pump, which is in the tank.

Many vehicles do not have a test point that can be reached and tapped, if they have one at all.

Reply to
clare

Yes, I have a simple solution. I don't fret about $3 a week. Frugality is smart, but there are times the stress would outweigh the savings. Look at the potential loss with a mishap, your time to do the swap and your time for the extra fill-up you have to do now instead of your wife. Find a better way to economize.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

There are many ways to save at least $3.00 a week.

cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

I'd be getting in contract with Dr. Phil on this one. Either he will have you buying more expensive gas, or the wife will be buying cheaper gas. Shouldn't take more than a few years of therapy.

Reply to
FatterDumber& Happier Moe

Or Susie Orman!

She'd say you've got 15 gallons a week times 20 cents savings per gallon times 50 weeks in a year times 30 years in your marriage = $4,500 over the life of your marriage.

Back to Dr. Phil, he'd note that it's 10 minutes per week times 50 weeks times 30 years which is 250 hours spent improving your marriage.

You only can decide if the 250 minutes improving your marriage are worth the $4,500 you save doing it!

Reply to
Plumber Bob

line.http://www.diesel-max.com/my_files/images/quick-connect_fitting_400x3.. >

$ Let it slide, my friend, let it slide.

Of course you could just as easily do as you suggest ...

$ It's really not worth getting $ all lathered up over something so trivial as a missed joke.

... but you instead choose to immediately follow-up with pretense, condescention and an intentional pejorative mischaracterization. Btw, ever notice how those least astute and capable are coincidently also often those most prone to the unrelenting offering of unsolicited advice? I have.

$ You've made valid points regarding relay terminals and nylon quick $ disconnect inserts and the gallons per hour delivered by a specific $ Bosch pump.

$ We get it...you know what you're talking about.

Thanx and all, however I neither desire nor require the validations of others. That I know what I'm talking about could hardly be more obvious, and it isn't limited to simply technical subjects. But just who is this "we" you so presumptively speak for?

$ I'll tell you what. The next time I respond in a thread that you are $ participating in, I'll be sure to use ;-) and :-o and :-( etc. so $ that you'll be able to determine whether I was trying to be humorous $ or not. I certainly wouldn't want you to miss the chance to chuckle at $ my jocularity.

While your alleged attempt at humor, as already established, failed miserably (for which you, not I, must accept full responsibility), your continuing affectations in this same vein are however convincing that you're somewhat of a clown.

Reply to
Heron McKeister

You are going to go thru all that trouble to save $200 a year?? You save $0.20 per gallon. If you swap 20 gallons a week that's $4 a week, X 52 weeks a year = $208. Seems dumb to me.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

.

..

.

==============

Where ya been? The collective "we" missed ya.

re: "While your alleged attempt at humor, as already established, failed miserably..."

It could only be a miserably failed attempt at humor iff it *was* an attempt at humor, therefore there is nothing alleged.

If you feel that it failed miserably, then at least you and I finally agree that my post was an attempt at humor and not offered as a serious alternative to the jumpering of pins 3 & 5 of the fuel relay socket. That's good. Agreement on specific issues is a positive step forward in our relationship.

re: ...for which you (meaning me), not I (meaning you), must accept full responsibility...

OK, we've made some progress on the "agreement" front, but there's still some lack of communication between us. It would please me if we could work on that a bit. Let's get started...

As I'm sure you know, barriers to communication can be many and varied. However, I think this one should be simple to remove. Just back up a few posts, maybe in the range of 25 - 30, and you'll see where I very clearly stated that my comments were of a facetious nature. I do believe I *have* taken full responsibility for my actions. I couldn't look myself in the mirror if I didn't.

But we're past that right? Let's recap:

1 - I said I was being facetious. 2 - You doubted my word. (ouch!) 3 - I commented that there was nothing I could say or do change your mind. 4 - Something changed your mind since you now appear to be somewhat open to that fact that I made an attempt at humor. (otherwise, what could it be that "failed miserably"?)

I do think we've made some real progress here.

re: "...you're somewhat of a clown"

Now ya see how easy this is? Clowns, well, most types of clowns anyway, were put on this earth make people laugh. By posting humorous (or apparently humorless) comments, I'm just trying to do my part.

Is that Judy Collins I hear in the background?

Reply to
DerbyDad03