The 10 least safe cars of all time

Even on eBay they're going for $60-75!!!

They were good. I don't have any IBMs around, but I have some other 'clicky' keyboards around here.

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

Nope, 78 Starfire (H Body like the Monza) Although I did have one of the earlier ones later.

Yeah, common problem with the early hot rod FWD cars. Some of them would really try to kill you when you hit the loud pedal.

I had a couple of them. Neat engine.

Reply to
Steve W.

One of my aliases? LOL. Someone has to learn how to read usenet headers.

Reply to
Brent

I flipped through volume 1 of my '73 set until I found a page like this one:

Proof enough?

Reply to
Brent

But not until '75 or '76. '74 is the only year mustang did not have a V8.

I kinda doubt it was planned. but perhaps plans went back and forth in development.

Reply to
Brent

Brent wrote in news:ie71eb$o0u$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org:

So they did /both/. Confusing.

Reply to
Tegger

OK I've seen enough. I'm going to call "bullshit!" now. Everybody I knew, including myself, when buying new cars had car loans "in that day and age". The economics of the price of a car vs. normal income levels have not changed that much since the '70s.

I strongly suspect you were not even of driving age in the time of the Pinto/Bobcat and this entire thread is nothing but BS.

Reply to
E. Meyer

I don't thing he means that one. I had a '63 Starfire for one day (it threw a rod on the way home from the dealership). Totally different animal. It had a huge V8 mounted in a two door version of the body used in the Oldsmobile '88 models. Later in the '70s there was a small Olds Starfire fastback with a 4 cyl engine that was basically a well optioned version of the Chevy Monza.

Reply to
E. Meyer

"Bret"

Thank you :)

Econo-cars

Reply to
Econo-cars

This someone is well aware of the use of proxy servers for newsgroup usage so headers mean squat. This someone also knows that someone who lies as much as you do has to create aliases.

Econo-cars

Reply to
Econo-cars

I'm betting that in the later versions they covered the entire line. Plus it may be that the factory printer changed it themselves.

I am really happy that they are placing the new manuals on DVD and online. I don't want to think about how many volumes there would be for a full line book for GM in 09 or 10!!

Reply to
Steve W.

"Steve W." wrote

Exterior and Interior of Pinto and Bobcat had differences.

Econo-cars

Reply to
econo_cars

"Tegger" wrote

You must be right about the room for a v8.

If you don't like clicking urls in newsgroups do a Google search for "pinto with v8" The link above is the one that says videos of pintos with v8s. These are all custom made, but my point is there is obviously the room for that size of engine.

I do know, having owned both that there was ample "see through" places that made the car easier to work on. Mechanics generally had no problems getting at things on either car, unlike many of the more recent cars we've (family) have owned.

If memory serves the mid to late 80s (can't remember what year our Mustang was) Mustang shared parts with the Ford Ranger Custom (our Ranger was maybe in 1989 or 1990, so our Mustang was probably 1987 or 1986). I only found that out when I needed a repair on the Ranger and the mechanic said the he would shop around for pricing because the part is the same on a number of models including Mustang, and some Mazda vehicles. I remember thinking it strange that a sports car (though ours was not a Mustang GT, so it was more a sports "look") would share a part with truck.

Econo-cars

Reply to
econo_cars

Yep, Base version had the Buick 3.8 v-6 in it. I started with that. Then swapped it out for a 3.8 from a Grand National with a turbo. Then decided to have more fun and stuck an alloy BB in there. Took a full frame conversion and major reinforcement to keep the body from twisting.

Reply to
Steve W.

He probably photoshopped it.

Econo-cars

Reply to
econo_cars

Nothing that wasn't purely cosmetic. You can take a Pinto door and bolt it right in place of a Bobcat door, Same with the glass, engine, trans, front suspension, rear suspension, hood, bumpers, header panels and everything else.

Want the Bobcat grill, just change the header panel on your pinto. Want the up-level trim, pull the panels from the Bobcat and install them in your Pinto. They will fit with no changes. In most cases the only changes will be the panels themselves.

Just like the GMC Sierra and Chevrolet Silverado. Same exact truck built on the same line with the same parts by the same people. The only difference is the trim kit used.

Generally the GMC gets the "uplevel" trim as a base item. So the Chevy gets vinyl seats as a base while the GMC gets cloth, The Chevy gets plain plastic trim while the GMC gets woodgrain plastic.

Reply to
Steve W.

Glad to hear that :) I don't personally know anyone who has been the victim of identity theft that started online, but I've watched several documentary broadcasts where real victims told their personal story. Some actually ended up in jail because there was insufficient evidence that it wasn't them who committed financial fraud of some sort or another. Others had their homes sold from under them, others ended up with bad credit records. Others had a child stolen by a predator who traced the child's location from ip info and data the child gave away over time in online social group settings. Anyway several of the shows talked about how these people use proxy servers and as well as more sophisticated means of IP redirection to be untraceable. Several said that normal internet users should use them too to protect themselves from hacking attempts, but the most important part in my opinion was the use of proxy servers to protect children from being traced to a specific geographical location by pedophiles. Many of our grandchildren use the computers in the house so my children figured out how to set it all up. It didn't look too hard (says the backseat driver) and there are lots of free to use proxy servers to pick from.

Econo-cars

Reply to
econo_cars

Lots of parts interchange like that. The early Vette used truck front suspension parts, that was because the truck parts were stronger for there size than the available passenger car parts.

The "Ford" Ranger was actually a Mazda B series with Ford badges. Lot's of Mazdas running around with "Ford" parts on them because the aftermarket parts for the Ford were cheaper than the Mazda parts.

The Chevy "Luv" truck was a rebadged Isuzu. The Geo Metro was actually a Suzuki Swift.

Reply to
Steve W.

LOL, just buy a cheap keyboard. You could get several for that price.

I wonder if you could just take a fairly thick flexible piece of cellophane (or some rubber-plastic mix material) cut to size, and then use a heat gun on low to force it to form to the keyboard. Just enough to get gradual grooves between the keys so there is enough room for downward and upward movement.

Econo-cars

Reply to
econo_cars

Buy your own: