Sermons

Anyone want to burn me the sermons for $15 . If so send me a message to here . Remove all numbers .
snipped-for-privacy@y12a2h3o4o.co6m7.
Thanks ,
Diesel.

The $15 should go to Bob Hoover's wife instead of the person burning you the CD.
Chris

The $15 should go to Bob Hoover's wife instead of the person burning you the CD.
Chris
Is she selling them?
"DogDiesel" wrote in message

not that I'm aware of... but the point Chris was making is that the material is copywrited, and you are asking someone to unlawfully copy that material for profit....

Unavailable material . That somebody chooses to not sell. Um No ....Not for profit. For expenses. mail, time and the CD or Dvd. If it bothers you that much you send the $15 to her . I don't care who gets it.

It is your responsibility. Bob wrote often of the Social Contract. You can look it up for free.

A criminal mentality is quite creative in justifying it's crime. It's all about you, eh? Learn up about Copyright. Sooner than later.

Book, CD, Internet posts - what difference? Learn up on Copyright.

Why not quit whining. If you don't want to sell, Then Don't.
If im not making any money off of it. Or reprinting it. And its in my garage. Then there's no copywrite infringement .
If a tree falls in the woods and nobody heard it . Did it happen.
Or as Bob put it . Mind your own business.
I'm making my own.
"DogDiesel" wrote in message

you want *me* to send her money so you can get the information that her late husband pulled from the market? Boy you sure have some balls.... if you really want the information, it is out there, in print.... all you have to do is get it... or would you rather *ME* do it for you? tough shit, I won't go against Bob's wishes, do the legwork yourself... the information is free of charge if you want it... somehow I feel doing a simple search may be more work than you are willing to do...

You offered to contact her. i didnt ask you.
if you

No its not. Its been removed.
all you have to

Its been removed.
From everywhere. Even archives.

"DogDiesel" wrote in message

no sir, I did NOT.... you even quoted my reply, but somehow got the above from it? very odd, indeed...here it is, again, in it's entirety: "not that I'm aware of... but the point Chris was making is that the material is copywrited, and you are asking someone to unlawfully copy that material for profit...."
I don’t see an offer from me of any type there...

no, it's out there...

odd, since I can find Bob's sermons and all his contributions to this group(and there are many) with a simple search... as I said, you don't *want* to find it...

Heres the quote.
I would at least look for ways to send contributions to his widow for every copy made and shared. I suppose she could decline and allow us to distribute Bob's work free if she so chooses. I have tried to contact her through the Blog on another matter, but received no reply.
I apologize for the misunderstanding. "I would at least look for ways" was interpreted wrong. I didn't mean to offend anyone.
I thought Bob wanted people to share who aren't selling his posts. I'm not doing this for profit. Means don't make any cash from it. I wanted to make a manual to put in my garage.
And further research I came upon many post about the removal of the sermons . I don't care to get involved. I see now he just decided he didn't want anyone to have any of it.
End of that.
I never heard of the guy until about 2 months ago.
Although I met the "other" pilot Bob Hoover before the Feds tried to steal his license away. Thinking he was going to have a heart attack. When he was doing "both engine off" barrel rolls at airshows in a shrike commander. With the gear down.
Furthermore I found some of his material last night and this morning. I found Grendels saga last night and wished I found it this morning. Because I was up for 4 hours . I rode a 82 Goldwing to Alaska ,And I had no issues. And it was nowhere near as bad as this.
I found the Christmas story. And a bunch of his posts.
Somebody pointed me to the Tulz last month. But I found a 9and a half Tulz I think. Just now.
I found a reference to an driving to Inuit story. And a site about a bunch of people riding up there in VW vans. But Bob wasn't listed as driving there or coming on the trip later.
So once again . I apologize for offending some people.Who have history with Bob or his wife.
I suppose I could find me another 85-92 Diesel Golf or a Caddy Diesel , instead of a bug an the issue is resolved.
Vern Diesel.

http://www.vanagon.com/journeys/inuvik/index.htm
In simple terms, Bob's "Sermons" are a compilation of his individual posts and articles he wrote on several different forums.
If you happen to search Usenet and see him reply to someone with tech advice, you are in fact reading a piece of the Sermons. The only thing you are missing is the hard work of combing through the electronic universe and collecting them all into one CD. THAT is what the Sermons were. A collection of tech advice and articles, edited and produced into a format that is easier to read and browse through.
The source material is still out there, scattered around in a million pieces.
It is difficult to delete messages you send to Usenet. I worked for a phone company/ISP and I for a while moderated this group by deleting inappropriate posts. Mere mortals cannot :)

Since we both go back here a long time and "knew" Mr. Hoover I will give my thoughts on this.
1. I am sure Bob would like his writings to be an asset to the Vw community even after his death, and therefore made available. 2. I have a legit copy of the Sermons bought from the original source BusBoys or something like that, a Type 2 company anyways. 3. Under Norwegian law I am entitled to make a backup copy of any Cd/Dvd bought by legit means. So if I kept the backup and sold the original I would be covered legally for the sake of argument. 4. I personally really see no reason for not making this material available for the greater good of the community as a whole. 5. And just for clarity, the original is nothing more than a "Home burned" copy, not that it matters much, just the fact.
Your thoughts?
J.

Remove no spam. So we can get addresses exchanged.
Let me know what you want for it.
Diesel.
.

We really do not know that, PJ. Bob was firm in his withdrawal. He made it available through booklocker.com, but it's been gone for some time.

For the record, Bob announced the CD on 19 Feb 2008

Then your backup would no longer be a backup: it would be an illegal copy. Please read the law very carefully. (I was top 5% of my law class. Watch out! :))

Home burned is as legitimate as a Bob Hoover hand-built engine.
On 11/24/2010 8:22 AM, P.J.Berg wrote:

Well, regardless of what we think, we can't break the law and go against what was his last wish on this matter... I suppose his wife would be the only one who could give us permission.
A backup copy for your own use is allowed in Finland too, not sure about the US. But if you sell or give away the original, you are no longer entitled to keep the copy either.
If someone were to compile a website collection of links and searches that pull the same information from the web and usenet, I'm sure that's perfectly ok. It's like making another "CD" from scratch, using the same already once published information. The original author still holds copyright to the content. Whoever makes the website or hosts the links, does not own copyright to the work displayed. And should not try to "sell" it either, but this is a gray area now that I'm not so sure of. Selling memberships to a locked website to view the links that lead to openly available articles? Weird but I guess there's a market for anything :)
I did study copyright law among other laws in college, but that was in Finland. And a long time ago. :)

I just found the REAL Bob Hoover Inuvit run. On the NEW type2 site. I only read the last page. Which explains why I couldn't get anything from the old site.Its all moved.
I was supposed to put my attic stairs together today. So I can get my camping gear out of my living room. But it might not happen. I'm not sure but it looks like there's more Hoover material then the 800 pages of the sermons. Does the sermons just cover VWs and some writings . Or did it cover all his aircraft VW writings too .
This is going to be some awesome reading.
Diesel