The Plan, The Scam, The Man Behind the Cash For Clunkers Program

They (''They'') want my clunkers??? HUMPH!,,, over my dead body! cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Not only that, but a lot of still serviceable cars got their engines seized and sent to the shredders basically for nothing. The Salvation Army and the Cancer Society take these cars, strip then, sell the parts and then sell them for scrap, and there are other organizations that take these cars, make them roadworthy, and give them to deserving people so they can WORK. A lot of these were just scrapped, and cost you and me a LOT of money in the process.

But, it got some evil SUVs and polluting oil burners off the roads!

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

I traded in a van that was a smoker and good for the junkyard. Got

3500 for it and another 4500 from the dealer, so can you tell me again why I got such a bad deal? Thanks Don

Reply to
Don

Oh, you didnt.. The American taxpayer may have, but you came out like a thief on that ;>)

Reply to
hls

You didn't. I was looking for a CHEAP van to use Friday and or Saturday nights for my band's local gigs (25 miles or less). But I sure as hell WASN'T going to give you $8,000!! ;)

You made an excellent deal. What kind of Toyota did you get? :)

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B