Think Gas is Expensive? Prices Will Continue to Rise

Just in time for Spring and Summer.Higher prices, less traveling for many people.Cutting those vacations and road trips Short. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Hello, and my 2-month old 2011 Focus is getting 30 mpg just driving around town (metro DC area). I take perverse pleasure in seeing all those one-occupant gas-guzzling SUV owners squirm. And people around here still won't slow down on the highway. Maybe the public deserves this. A little time spent in the UK will teach one real quick about high petrol prices.

Reply to
J.B. Wood

Maybe it is just a bit of paranoia, but it seems the price of gasoline always start to rise gently, leading into the summer holiday season.

I guess "they" think we have no other options, that we are all tied to

14 mpg V8s, or that we dont have the spine to reduce our driven miles.

Surprise!

Reply to
hls

When I was at Fort Hood,Texas in 1965, I owned a 1961 VW van I had bought at Steakely used cars lot in Killeen,Texas, next door to Fort Hood.On one of my three day leaves from Fort Hood, I came home and I saw an ad in the local newspaper.1963 VW beetle for sale $1,100.The guy lived about two miles behind doggy's couch.I went over there and I bought that 1963 green VW beetle car.It never did get less than 30 miles per gallon in city driving.I don't remember how many miles per gallon it got out on the highways and Interstates, but it was pretty good.I wish I had kept that car. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Find the hidden pattern here:

and report back please.

Reply to
AMuzi

I just fired up one of my mopeds the other day.. Looks like I'll be driving it to work more often.

Reply to
m6onz5a

Mopeds Rule! I might have to fix up my Moped and start riding it.Somebody would probally rip it off though. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin