Ticking Noise on new car

I have no idea what I am doing with car maintenance, so I thought I would ask yall. I have a 2006 Ford Focus and for the first time tonight, I heard it make some ticking sounds after I shut it off from a

45 minute drive. I heard that this is normal and that there is no problem to worry about, but I wasn't sure. Any suggestions?
Reply to
JARudiger

Yes, its pretty common.

The hot exhaust system creaks and ticks as it cools down and pieces contract. Do not worry.

Don

Don

When stuff gets hot, it swells, and when it cools down, it shrinks. Exhaust systems get really hot and then have to cool down, and often make ticking, popping, and banging sounds in the process.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey