I WANT ONE!!!!!!!

Hachiroku

I think im in love. Toyota have done it again, made he best looking car on the market. Finally back up there in the performance car stakes.

Reply to
Coyoteboy

No, I don't think that is the car for you sharx35. You need something more along these lines:

dbu

Subject Future Vehicles Discussion Thread Response (Tiffany) 10/17/2006 08:14 AM Thank you for contacting Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc. We appreciate your interest in Toyota. We apologize; we do not currently have any announced plans to introduce a 2008 Supra. We are, however, aware of consumer interest in this type of vehicle and have documented your comments at our National Headquarters under file #200603270930. We thank you for your enthusiasm about our products and hope that you will continue to consider Toyota for your driving needs. If we can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact us. Tiffany Harris Toyota Customer Experience Customer (Michael Spriggs) 10/17/2006 07:01 AM I just read the November issue of Road and Track and it has featured, a 2008 Toyota Supra. Is this vehicle going to be produced!?? I definitely will be purchaasing one of the first if so.

Reply to
Hachiroku

Yeah, its about damn time Toyota came out with something that is actually appealing.

Reply to
qslim

I think the Prius is plenty appealing - the whole thing, inside & out. The exterior's cute/distinctive & the interiors's sleek and roomy, with lots of storage space. And was peeking inside the new Camrys on the lot - the XLEs have pretty dashes. IIRC, a sort of brushed silver, aqua-y, & light burled wood combo. Light, airy, & soothing. Very appealing, IMO.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

HEY! How's it going?!?! You doing OK?

Plan on being around for a bit?

Reply to
Hachiroku

Never owned:

A Corolla SR-5 or GTS? A Celica? A Corona MKII? A SUPRA?!?!?!

No comparison at all. Might as well be comparing the Wright Flyer with the Space Shuttle!

Econo-box or Fire Breathing Monster? One Fire Breathing Monster, please!!

Reply to
Hachiroku

Nope. Although an old bf had a Celica. (I think he worshipped that car.)

Oh, I know it's apples & oranges. But what one person finds appealing another might not...

Not for me, thank you very much!

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

:-s No accounting for taste eh :) Personally think that almost all modern cars have lost their way styling-wise. It seems designers substituted "different" for style. The new supra is classic lines, classic beauty, lovely curves accentuated by some sharp lines. Its not just another transporter box. What cars from the last decade could possibly be classed as "classics" in 20 years time - very very few, if any.

Reply to
Coyoteboy

Best use i can see for a Prius :)

Coyoteboy

So you don't find high-quality cars at fair prices to be appealing?

I guess you wouldn't find Toyotas to be appealing then...

Reply to
Stuart Krivis

The plain, competent car that just does its job and doesn't cost you much money also has its place. :-)

Reply to
Stuart Krivis

Never owned:

A Corolla 1200? A Tercel? A Tercel AWD Wagon?

At one point in time, not too long ago I had a '95 Tercel, an '83 Tercel Wagon and an '85 Celica GTS all on the road at once.

Let's see if you can guess which got driven the most! ;)

Reply to
Hachiroku

Yes, but you're the guy who prefers Fire Breathing Monsters. :-)

Reply to
Stuart Krivis

I think it was Hachiroku who stated:

yawn

boring

ho-hum

sigh

You're nowhere close to "Space Shuttle" in that list.

Try this on for an exciting and still street-legal vehicle:

It's 'xactly like mine, although it's not really near Space Shuttle performance compared with:

or its ilk.

Cars are necessary, but hardly exciting . . . .

-D (hoping the riding season lasts a few more weeks here in MN)

-- Pooder approved this post . . . .

Reply to
Don Fearn

I pointed out things like the Hayabusa in another newsgroup as being the real Fire Breathing Monsters.

However, things like these come close:

:-)

Reply to
Stuart Krivis

(Dude...qslim was a Toyota MDT that quit...to join the Air Force...about two weeks before the top age restriction...)

Reply to
Hachiroku

Hachiroku

Actually the '95 Terc and the GTS got driven equally.

The Terc Wagon was painted BRIGHT YELLOW (by me) and mostly used to haul my bass amp to gigs, usually at night and in the winter...

Reply to
Hachiroku