toyota corollas

i was recently in a car accident and feel that it was because there was a malfunction in the steering wheel of my car. i had a 2006 corolla sport and i had only owned it for 3 months! if there's anyone out there who knows of any accidents or malfunctions of any kind of toyotas, please let me know....

Reply to
cancan

i was recently in a car accident and feel that it was because there was a malfunction in the steering wheel of my car. i had a 2006 corolla sport and i had only owned it for 3 months! if there's anyone out there who knows of any accidents or malfunctions of any kind of toyotas, please let me know....

archy. _________________________________________

a toyota steering wheel is extremely sturdy i have never heard of a toyota steering wheel malfunction but if you will reveal the details of the accident i will try to guess how the steering wheel could have caused it.

mehitabel.

Reply to
Rodan

Usually a car accident is caused by a nut behind the wheel. The nut is not put in the driver seat by Toyota!

Reply to
Dave

How can a steering wheel malfunction? Did it suddenly turn from round to square causing you to wreck the car then turn back again after you wrecked the car?

Steve B.

Reply to
Steve B.

The NHTSA shows that the only recalls for the 2006 Corolla are for lighting problems. OTOH the 2004-2006 Toyota Prius has been recalled for a steering problem where parts could loosen or crack.

"Malfunction" is a really vague term, and I'd expect something a lot more specific from anybody who was actually in the car when the crash occurred.

Exactly what happened? Did the steering shaft or a tie rod snap off? The power steering pump suddenly fail? The steering wheel come off? Or was there an adverse reaction to C2H5OH, which is known to be highly incompatible with steering and braking systems.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

Yea, that's a red flag when he doesn't say what supposed to have happened to his steering wheel. And then he goes on to solicit info about ANY malfunction on ANY Toyota.

Reply to
Al Bundy

ROTFL!

There is a long standing bulletin for all late model h*mo sapiens for the issue you mention. When encountering those conditions a recall is likely: ashes to ashes, dust to dust.

Reply to
mandtprice