Transmission Repairs

I am getting the transmission on my 2000 chevy blazer 4x4 repaired. It was feeling heavy, according to my brother something was wrong with the gears. he had been driving it since august of last year when we purchased it, never servicing it.

They are installing rebuilt parts, new assembly set, filter bed, fluid torque converter, there was damage to the shell and a reprogram kit. I don't know much about these parts or what they do, but am getting charged $2204.00. Does that sound about right??

Reply to
yennaiv

Seems a little high to me. But prices vary a lot. I had my 92 Explorer 4x4 rebuilt for $1400 with rebuilt TC included. Not sure what you mean by damage to the shell. Mine had the OD gears burned up and they had to put a used set of those in. If you mean the transmission case was bunged, that could add to the cost.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher