94 turn signal repair

my 94 s10 blazer had the left turn signal spring fall out (didn't know what the spring was for when i found it near my feet, until noticing later on that the turn signal left wasn't cancelling). Anyways, do i really need to use the steering wheel puller to get the steering wheel off or is there a chance i could just pull it off with my hand?

thanks mike

Reply to
vwtopdown

Believe me Mike-beg, borrow or steal(buy-not alot of $)a steering wheel puller. Done hundreds-save yourself MUCHO problems...use a puller. May or may not be possible to do without a puller but....used to wash my clothes down at the river on a rock but a couple of years back picked up a washing machine....Good luck jp

Reply to
blazerman

You will even have trouble with a wheel puller unless you use a good one. free from auto zone. old john

Hello, vwtopdown! You wrote on 16 May 2007 12:11:17 -0700:

v> my 94 s10 blazer had the left turn signal spring fall out (didn't know v> what the spring was for when i found it near my feet, until noticing v> later on that the turn signal left wasn't cancelling). Anyways, do i v> really need to use the steering wheel puller to get the steering wheel v> off or is there a chance i could just pull it off with my hand?

v> thanks v> mike

With best regards, snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net. E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net

Reply to
<ajeeperman

Thanks fellas. i have an autozone close by so i'll check wioth them. i read on the s10 forum that i may also need the lock compressor? Is this true or can i access the spot to just get the spring back on barring that it isn't broken.

thanks again.

Reply to
vwtopdown

Mike, I usually loosen the nut ( leaving it on by several threads ) and with both hands pop the under side of the wheel. 90 % of the time they come off .

Reply to
samstone

And I've pulled several with a piece of scrap strap and some bolts and nuts. Remove the nut, drill holes in the strap to match the holes in the steering wheel. Put the nuts on the bolts, screw the strap to the wheel and pull the plate down with the nuts. I've also removed and installed the lock plate without any special tools. It's a lot easier with the correct tool, but you can do it by just pressing down on the plate and having someone remove the ring. Goes back the same way.

Al

Reply to
Big Al