1993 Plymouth Voyager. Turn signal not cancelling

When signaling for a left turn in with the afore mentioned vehicle, the turn signal switch will only cancel about one in four times.

I have looked at pictures of the turn signal switch, and it appears that it can probably be changed without removing the steering wheel. My concern is that the problem is with whatever cancels the switch, rather than the switch itself.

Does replacing the switch usually correct this problem, or is it usually something else?

The last turn signal switch that I replaced was on a 1968 Dodge Dart, more than 25 years ago.

If the steering wheel has to come off, I probably won't bother, as I don't want to have to mess with the airbag.

-KM

Reply to
kmath50