two post lifts????

I have a chance to buy an almost new Rotary two post lift at a good price. Are they any good for the home shop? thanks

Reply to
Chief McGee

Rotary makes a good lift, if you have the room for it.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

I have never owned a lift or similar lift, I think those kinds of lifts are good.As long as they are in top condition and installed properly.Safety is a very important consideration. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Verify you have enough headroom for it, they're like 12' high. The footings and anchoring are critical for a two post lift. The four post lifts don't have the headroom issues, and the foundation issues are easier as well.

Reply to
Pete C.

Rotary is the Cadillac of lifts!

Just make sure it doesn't have a leaking piston, a bad or leaking pump, and make sure you have at least 5 inches of concrete, where you will be bolting it into the ground.

A word to the wise, while it's apart, change the cable, pull the pins that the rollers turn on, if the holes in the rollers are oblong, get new pins and rollers. Grease them well, whether you are replacing or reinstalling them.

Use Rotary peanut based oil, if it's an overhead pipe and cable lift, make sure you don't over ride the top micro switch. If it's an under the car crossover, silicone and bolt the bottom plate to the floor well. That keeps the dirt out and increases the longevity.

Reply to
Refinish King

Reply to
philthy