tyre

why tyre colour is black? its any resion for behind like dirty road

Reply to
harisha.auto

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news:1176641076.067802.15590 @q75g2000hsh.googlegroups.com:

According to my father-in-law (a plastics engineer), carbon black is added to tires to help prevent damage from UV light.

Reply to
Tegger

Would YOU drive a car with pink tires?

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

Some probably would. In this day of advanced chemistry & rubber compounds, I'm surprised we don't see someone offering colored tires.

Reply to
Bob M.

"Bob M." wrote in news:E-2dnRztnJegI7_bnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@bresnan.com:

They do for bicycles. And there are tires available with colored stripes on the tread.

Reply to
Tegger

I'll take mine in plaid, please.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

"*" wrote in news:01c78024$0daa6fc0$bf94c3d8@race:

Hm. Father does not always know best, I guess.

His specialty is blown films. Perhaps his knowledge of styrene-butadiene has deteriorated over the decades.

Thanks.

Reply to
Tegger