vandalized, stuff on windshield

Car just got vandalized, stuff on windshield, hopefully not paint. Probably landlord who is breaking the lease for developers.

I'll want advice on cleaning.

Oh, and its a 94 Saturn SL2, cuz you guys always want to know.

Nils K. Hammer

Reply to
synthius2002

Okay, cops insisted I check to see if it is small time, or paint would require bigtime case filing, so turns out it's not so bad. The brilliant neighbor found a yoghurt drink container. I'll just use water and/or windex.

I met a guy who was inventing windshield coatings to reduce glare. Do normal old windshields have coatings we have to be careful of?

Nils K. Hammer

Reply to
synthius2002

Was going to say, try soap and water first. For paint type stuff the best thing is to get the vehicle out of the sun, then use a razor scraper to remove the material. Windshields are not generally coated, unless you used rain-x or similar. The coatings wouldn't stand up to the wipers very long.

Most of the anti-whatever things you find about windshields are added to the plastic that is between the layers of glass, unless you have one of the odd vehicles with electric front defrost coatings or grids, those are on the inside of the glass.

Reply to
Steve W.

Is this the automatic or 5-speed?

:)

Reply to
dsi1

BRAVO!!!!!

Reply to
The Real Bev

That was a pretty good laugh, thanks, Automatic

Reply to
synthius2002

Automatic? Thank God. This should make cleaning the car easier because you don't have to shift manually when you take it to the automatic car wash. :)

Reply to
dsi1

My stick shift '64 beetle required one hand on the wheel and one hand scraping ice off the inside of the windshield. When you added the 3-footed pedal work to keep it from stalling in a shift it was an exciting game.

Nils K. Hammer

Reply to
synthius2002

aping ice off the inside of the windshield. When you added the 3-footed ped al work to keep it from stalling in a shift it was an exciting game.

The Rabbit and Scirocco I used to have would die at random moments or more correctly, those times when you're at your happiest or least expect it. Lif e is like that sometimes. In this way, can VWs teach us about the futility of human desire the impermanence of things. It's the car for Buddhists.

Reply to
dsi1