Warn 9790 manual hubs on 1993 F-150

I am trying to install Warn 9790 manual hubs to replace the automatic hubs on my 1993 F-150.

I have removd the old hubs but the Warn hubs will not slide in far enough for me to install the outer snap ring.

I'm assuming that I need to remove the inner retaining ring and spacer that is still on the splined shaft. My real question is how in the ^&$% do I get the inner retaining ring off (It's like a heavy C-Clip)

Thanks in advance for you help!

Reply to
swimdad16

When I install my Warn hubs, I have to physically grab the axle in behind and push/pull it outward that 1/8" needed to get the ring on. Last time it was greased well and I pulled it out with a mini screwdriver in the ring slot.

Normally I just grab the axle at the u-joint behind the wheel though.

Mike

Mike Romain