What can you do with a two-post lift?

Obviously they can pick up cars and trucks. But what else can you do with them? I have seen them lift a body off a chassis. I have heard of placing a beam across the arms and using a chain in the middle to lift an engine out or place an item in the back of a truck. Any other "tricks" I should know? Thanks

Reply to
Chief McGee

Figure out a way nobody but you knows how to raise the lift.Park your car on it and raise it up.Nobody can steal your car. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Don't know about a 2 post lift, but I always liked a forklift for pulling and spearing engines.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Not really. You put the car up on the lift then let it down on the safety stops, then you shut off the power. Now you need to RAISE the car to get it DOWN off the lift. Pretty simple.

Reply to
Mike

Why don't you give it a try and let everyone know how well it works ?

Reply to
Mike

How about a piece of plywood on it to use as a temporary work bench?

Or maybe pull the lawnmower (snowmobile) on it to work on it.

Reply to
Doug Adams

"*" wrote in news:01c87bad$87e74b20$2d93c3d8 @race:

lift.Park

To disable or overcome the safty locks on my lift you would have to be under it. good luck diving out of the way. KB

Reply to
Kevin

I service both my riding lawn mower and my Kubota tractor on the lift.

I've used it for drying clothes. Spread the arms as far as possible and tie rope from arm to arm.

The front of my truck rack was sagging due to fatigue and poor design (my design!!). Sagged 6 inches and the metal was fracturing. Needed to straighten it back out so I could weld diagonal supports. Well the easiest way to bend it back up was to hook the lift arms under the rack and start raising the truck. A long 12 foot 2x6, on edge, was my straight edge. After it was aligned I welded in the supports that always should have been there.

My Mazda tailgate had about a 4" bow in it due to repeatedly running a wheelbarrow full of dirt up a ramp resting on the tailgate. Placed my heaviest vehicle on the lift and lowered the entire assembly down onto the bowed tailgate. The tailgate was properly situated under one of the lift arms and supported by wooden 'sleepers'. Worked like a charm.

Currently I am making a platform for the lift so I can service my motorcycle.

Ivan Vegvary

Reply to
Ivan Vegvary

I'll tell you what you can do with it........SHOVE IT WHERE THE SUN DON'T SHINE!!!!!

(couldn't resist) :)

Reply to
ScottM

Trying to justify the purchase to the long haired boss?

LOL

Good luck!

Reply to
Commentator

All it takes is one "impossible" job and she'll understand. Then you stand back, admire your work, take a good long sip of your beer and just say "and that's why you buy the good tools."

I'm lucky, I actually whipped that one out and instead of sleeping on the couch, I just got an "I know, I didn't say anything."

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Too bad that two post lift wont lift high enough for bungie jumping.It might be useful for breaking the bead on an old tire/wheel. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Reply to
none2u