What is a Front Chin Lip Splitter Spoiler ?

Looking for VHB tape I cam across ads for Hyundai i20 Sedan Front Chin Lip Splitter Spoiler Trim and other kinds of spliters for other kinds of cars.

I read the whole ad and looked at the pictures, but I still don't know: What are they talking about? What gets split?

micky

micky wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

The black plastic strip across the bottom of the front bumper. It looks like a shadow in some of the pictures.

The wind going under the car. Those things are meant to improve the car's aerodynamics and thus its gas-mileage. Problem is, they're so low that they often end up getting broken against curbs and things, and OE replacements are often more expensive than aftermarket.

The eBay seller is hoping you'll not bother to check the OE price at a Hyundai dealer (or not like the price you do get), and will buy his instead.

Reply to
Tegger

That's for sure. Even after you point it out, I can only see it on one car.

I finally remembered to go back and look at the ad. I would never have understood it wihout your explanation.

Thanks.

Reply to
micky