New spoiler

Just bought a spoiler for the Audi, anyone have any advice how to fit it on? is there a type of silicon sealer that will fix it on nice and tight?

Its a fibreglass copy of the original S4 lip spoiler, even has the German writing on the lip, looks great on the car but had a bit of transit damage, a small nick in the lip which can be fillered in I would imagine.

Reply to
Ronny

Bloody good idea - a lip spoiler on that A4 (and mk2 A6) - really does transform quite a dull looking back end into a great looking one.

-- Peter

Get Circumcised to e-mail me Raising money for the Tsunami Appeal: -

AstraVanMan

When I stuck one on my 405, it was screwed on. On the inside of the bootlid, were a pair of indents on each side - the factory screw holes, for the factory spoiler. I just drilled through the four holes, and screwed it on with a set of self-tappers. I slapped a bit of silicon around the four holes on the outside of the boot, just to ensure it'd be watertight :)

Are you talking about an actual spoiler, with legs, or just one of them lip things ?

Reply to
Nom

Learn to read, fuckbollock.

-- Peter

Get Circumcised to e-mail me Raising money for the Tsunami Appeal: -

AstraVanMan

hehe be nice :)

I just went down motorman and bought a can of spray paint to see if I could find a good match, didn't prime it or nothing just sprayed it during work time in the garage, match was perfect, its a VW colour.

I will obviously paint it properly at the weekend but just wanted to see how it looked

Makes a remarkable difference I think

Ronny

"Ronny" wrote

declare it, biatch ;)

Reply to
fishman

Do you think?

Reply to
Ronny

Looks good.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

"Ronny" wrote

Nah, tugging one's chain, I was

Reply to
fishman

You have spoilers and wings confused there all lip types are spoilers and are designed to break (or spoil) the flow or air from the back of the vehicle this is to reduce the natural tendency of the car to lift, most legged versions are wings designed to push down.

Reply to
Depresion

ahh I felt sumit :)

Reply to
Ronny

Hehee "fuckbollock" nice :)

Reply to
Chet

Hehe, cheers. Literally milliseconds of thought went into thinking up my own silly childish insult. Glad it raised a smile.

-- Peter

Get Circumcised to e-mail me Raising money for the Tsunami Appeal: -

AstraVanMan

Oi! That's my job. ;-)

Reply to
SteveH

Looks good. You're giving me ideas, y'bastard.

Reply to
SteveH

TBH, you should still declare it:-)

Reply to
Andy R

Doesn't that basically equate to the same thing??

Reply to
Andy R

Don't be silly there's nothing wrong with not declaring mods just ask this guy:

Depresion

But its a factory Item, the car is a 1.8T Sport and it should come with a spoiler, its not like im fitting 18" rims lowering it 60mm and fitting lexus rear lights :) lol

They already know about my wheels, which are not even on the car at the moment :(

Reply to
Ronny

Tigerseal. Brilliant stuff.

Reply to