What Will Rogers said about Congress, Standard Oil, and General Motors

And that was wayyyy back in November,1928. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Don't forget the many compliments that Mark Twain had for our Esteemed Publick Servants as well, back in the 19th century:

Roger Blake

I haden't heard/read of the twainquotes.com one before.I wrote it down and I also emailed it to myself. Maybe I will compare notes. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Roger Blake wrote in news:20110103233751 @news.eternal-september.org:

According to Clemens, he was himself briefly a Publick Servant along with his brother Orion, in the Nevada Territory during the administration of Territorial Governor James Nye. Sam and Orion supposedly cleared a fair bit of money by levying a bogus "tax" on unsuspecting permit-seekers.

Reply to
Tegger

A lot hasnt changed.. Will Rogers was a man of the people, and if he said something wise, the people listened, repeated it, and before long Congress and the Great White Father knew that the people were united behind this very wiley leader. They still cheated and lied and stole, but at least there was someone there to keep the truth above the horizon.

I dont trust much of anybody anymore. The news media lies politically to advance their individual agenda. The Congress lies and does exactly what it wants to, regardless of the people.

Hope is not totally lost, but it is fumbling with a roadmap.

Reply to
hls

A local talk radio show (mostly politics) in my area, every once in a somebody will hit a button, a pre-recorded voice says, Never Trust Nobody!

I don't trust politicians at all.I trust my little couch buddy doggy. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin