Who does the best wheel alignments?

You're probably right about the dealer being best in this situation. I'm too susceptible to suggestions -- I've noticed this in other situations too -- like this one guy I've never met on a web page I've never heard of who thinks dealers are a bad idea.

Which is the radius rod?

Is that the same as the rear lower control arm, the locating arm, the rear lower suspension arm #1 (I think that's what the shop manual calls it)? I think it has other names too. Makes it hard to shop for it.

Reply to
micky

More or less.

Reply to
Steve W.

Definitely. When a car or truck comes in with a stability problem and the owner wants an alignment, the first thing you look for is signs of damage - and deer parts would definitely raise a red flag!!! Then you check the settings - f something is way off you check the related parts for damage. Before doing an alignment suspension hight, tire pressures, etc all need to be checked as well.

Had a customer come in with their car pulling hard to the right - said they had just had Firestone do an alignment and now it was worse.

Being a tire store you would THINK they would have at least checked the tire pressure - if not the tire condition - and sold the guy a set of tires. The one tire was at 18psi and the other must have been 1/4 inch bigger on the outside than the inside.

I got to sell the guy a set of 4 tires (and they were not Firestones)

Reply to
clare

It just shows that if a shop does crap work then good shops will thrive.

Reply to
Tekkie®