Wikipedia: photo upload advice requested

Tonight I was browsing around Wikipedia in a semi-nostalgic manner. While committing said act, I saw a poor photograph of a particular and significant early-'70s motor vehicle that I rather liked when it was new. I downloaded a copy of the hi-res version of that photo, then cleaned it up in Photoshop.

Now I want to upload my enhanced version so as to replace the original, which is obviously heavily overexposed, and with too much red. Now how on earth do I do the uploading?

This is the existing Wiki file:

And this is my intended replacement:
I'm properly logged in, but I can't see how to replace the original file. What am I missing?

Reply to
Tegger

Tegger wrote in news:Xns9FA1DBB2C7130tegger@208.90.168.18:

I'm not quite done getting rid of all the dust on the original. Plus the original seems to have been scanned off a magazine photo, so I can't get rid of all the screening.

Reply to
Tegger

Gee that looks familiar... Probably because I owned about 7 different Vegas. 1 72, 2 73's (one was a panel that I wish I had kept) a 74 that got wiped out by a friend. A 76 Cosworth that is now a show queen out in the midwest. A nice 76 that ended up with a small block conversion. And a 77, that should have stayed on the used car lot...

The 72 and 73 hatchbacks were both GT's . They always reminded me of scaled down Camaros.

Reply to
Steve W.

you can't "get rid of" the original file. you have to upload your version as a new one with a different name. then edit the page that refers to it accordingly.

Reply to
jim beam

Tegger wrote in news:Xns9FA1E5B4EA3BBtegger@

208.90.168.18:

I give up on this.

Reply to
Tegger

Most reasonable people gave up on Wikipedia ages ago.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

Idiot!

Reply to
Hoof Hearted

somebody re-post what i said so he can read it. unless you enjoy reading this kind of self-imposed stupidity of course.

Reply to
jim beam