Wiring 3rd Brake Light for Trailer

I'm using a 4-pin plug to power my trailer (1972 Serro Scotty Gaucho) and having trouble wiring the center brake light. Is there a way to make this light brighten with the brakes but not blink with turn signals? I have the standard 4-pin connector:

brown: runner (tail) yellow: turn signal green: turn signal white: ground

Any advice is appreciated, john

Reply to
dijon

nope. the yellow and green are actually combined brake lights/turn signals. There may be a converter box made for this application but I am not sure, and I don't particularly like them (had to cut a smoked one out of a friend's truck as it was causing all sorts of electrical wierdness.)

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Trailer converters are often very poorly made, but then again so are most connectors. Example from experience: Toyota has spec-ed a bunch of crap converters for their OEM wiring kits. The stuff is far from usual Toyota quality. Damn near 100% of their standard equipment electronics are bulletproof, but some of the port/dealer installed alarm modules, trailer stuff, etc. is no better than typical Directed Electronics crap.

Toyota MDT in MO

Reply to
Comboverfish

there is no requirement for a center brake light. there is a requirement for 3 rear red marker lights on trailers over 80 inches wide.

boxing