Yaris, Scion xD, Honda Fit - no water temp gauge

Sure they did.

And then they realized that they'd rather sell highly expensive 3 year wonders to rich idiots who are happy to lease and flip. THAT'S what keeps the money pumping into the company.

EVERYONE knows the story of M-B in this country. From tanks to trash. It was a business decision--to build junk.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Seriously. I took it as such :)

nate

Reply to
N8N

....you don't want the engineers who have to know the

Often the opposite is true.

"Bean counters" dictate what engineers have to work with and how. Good example might be the Accord tranny problems of a few years back. Another is marketing sales that make promises and in order to meet traget production rates/timelines, engineers are forced to take shortcuts.

During my working career, I saw this to be the case all too often.

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

There are engineers who understand business (good), and there are beancounters who give zero credibility to the engineers and who have no idea and don't care whether their company sells cars or toilet paper (bad).

But the engineer who knows only engineering and knows only that in his world it's important to know the temperature at the top of the piston, is not the guy you want running the company. At all.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty