Latest threads in Automotive Technologiesshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

'88 GTA with no reverse update.
We'll I've gotten around to looking at my car and it would appear that my 700R4 is perpetually stuck in Drive, even when I start it or put it in park I can feel it lurch forward. Took it for a drive...
15
15

front rotor screws Odyssey 2002
What`s with the two front rotor flat head Philips type screws? While trying to remove the rotors, only one out of the whole 4 screws ( 2 screws per rotor) ' unscrewed' like it was supposed to. The...
5
5

Cabin Blower - Excessive Vibration on High Speed Settings?
2003 Dodge Stratus...in the shop tonight for the fix tomorrow. But this has happened with my 1989 Dakota, 1997 Caravan and 1997 Neon. Eventually _something_ gets caught up in the cabin blower fan,...
4
4

Need help with changing serpinetine belt for '93 Sedan Deville
I can't seem to figure out which part (alternator, a/c compressor, p/s pump) that I'm supposed to loosen to change the serpinetine belt for my car. If anyone has any previous experience in changing a...
5
5

DPFE or not? (was No OBD-II Output on E-150 w/ "Service Engine Soon" Light On?)
Sorry to reply to my own post... It was a fuse. I just checked them all until I found a failed one. After replacing it, went back and they got a 402 - EGR Flow Excessive. Surely this fuse couldn't be...
2
2

custom gear for timing belt: how to design?
I'm using a timing belt for an unusual application: I'm driving it inside out, with the teeth on the outside. The belt still rides on normal idler rollers, but I have several belts side by side, which...
5
5

Re: No OBD-II Output on E-150 w/ "Service Engine Soon" Light On?
Yes...that circuit is fused. I blew the fuse on my OBD II power circuit when using a power converter in the auxillary power port. Apparently my power port and the OBD II power circuit were wired in...

2000 Ford focus radio
Does the stock AM/FM cassette radio in a 2000 focus have a external power amp? If it does, where is it located? I am working on one with one intermittently crackly channel. It seems to have a 12 pin...

Lurching problem with 1997 rodeo
I have a 1997 Isuzu Rodeo with 103,000 miles on it. It has an automatic transmission and a 3.2L V6 engine. Yesterday (Saturday) I brought it to one of those quick oil change locations. I have used...
1
1

brake lights & cruise control OUT... but...
Could a problem in the signal/combo switch in the steering column, if the signals and the brake lites are one in the same. How about the the 3rd brake light, out?
2
2