Latest threads in Automotive Technologiesshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

2001 Ford explorer ALDL connector problems:
Hi I have been helping a buddy with his 2001 Ford Explorer with 109K miles. In the Spring I replaced a leaking intake gasket set and a vacuum hose (both banks lean). So far, so good. Now he has the...
3
3

Re: Need assistance re-installing C-4 shift shaft & valve body
Seems to me that "nubbin" B should go in the vertical slot near the end of the silvery detent shaft, so it can pull it back and forth to change gears, while "arm" A goes into the small gap on the...

Recommended Speed Rating on Replacement Tires
I'm thinking of getting new tires for my Avalon. I like the Michelin Harmony tire, but its speed rating (Rating of T) is lower than what is recommended for the Avalon (Rating of H). I will never drive...
5
5

1996 volkswagen motor problems
hey guys i picked up a 1996 volkswagen jetta 2.0(manual trans) with180k this summer.I plan to put a 16 valve motor in once i reach 200 k but i dont know if it is just a bolt in swap can i keep the...
3
3

Great tool prices at http://www.ntxtools.com

Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) fuel Conversion For Light Trucks
Although I don't have any experience in converting a gasoline engine to use CNG (actually the finished engine will be duel fuel, able to use either gasoline or CNG), I have a customer who wants four...
29
29

New Take on Well-"tread" Topic
I spotted this diagram: and have to ask this question. Do the vehicle manufacturer's door-sticker(or trunk sticker) tire pressure recommendations always, sometimes, or never result in the condition of...
7
7

Adaptive variable suspension (AVS) in '97 Lexus ES300
I have a '97 Lexus ES300 with 112K miles on it. I have the adaptive variable suspension (AVS) that allows you to change the dampening of the suspension via a switch located in the center console area...

1998 dodge caravan headlight adjustment
how to adjust
1
1

screeching noise on corolla with 7a-fe engine
hi, car is a 2001 corolla with 7a-fe engine, manual trans, 90,000 km on the odo. Made in Brazil, last year for the 7a-fe engine. bought this car last month. It is impeccable, but it makes a very...
10
10

One wheel is almost touching the front fender. The mechanic shop said because the lower control arm has problems?
So I went to a mechanic shop to check this problem. But they said the lower control arm was racked before so I need to repair this first, otherwise the wheel will move forward again. And because...
3
3

Cooling system problem
I have an 89 Ford Aerostar with a 3.0 engine. The cooling system is giving me all kinds of headaches. It overheated, I think because of a thermostat gasket. At least that's where I found the stream of...
5
5

Electric car petetion
1
1

Is Declining Brake Peddle a Sure Sign of Master Cylinder?
I'm an old guy from the days before ubiquitous power brakes. When I was young a brake peddle that slowly collapses to the floor with steady foot pressure was a sure sign of a failing/failed master...
6
6