Latest threads in Automotive Technologiesshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Web site for Mitsubishi Lancer repairs?
Mitsubishi Lancer 2002 needs work. What web site would you ask technical questions of?

Where to get decent but inexpensive seat covers for an old 1998 Toyota 4Runner with bucket seats?
Where to get decent but inexpensive seat covers for an old 1998 Toyota 4Runner with bucket seats? Don't have a lot of money to waste. Don't want to experiment either as that would also be a waste....
1
1

Gates locking gas cap
I seem to only get it to open like once every ten tries. You are supposed to turn right until in rotates loosely (which is locked, ie unengaged) then turn key left until it engages, some kind of snap,...
2
2

resistor across air intake temperature sensor trick
Claimed to increase power: the ECU thinks the ambient air is hotter, so correction for MAF sensor is wrong, over-estimating air sucked into manifold and ECU squirts some extra fuel. But then doesn't...
1
1

Re: The Club anti-theft device -- Does it really work?
Recent case - an old age pensioner had a car he bought in 1979 and lovingly maintained. Thieves used a hacksaw to cut off the Club device. It will probably be stripped to restore another car of same...

car with splayed wheels.
I saw today what I think was a Subaru BRZ. Very pretty car (for a sedan) but what made it unusual were the wheels. All 4 were splayed. Isn't that the word when the bottoms of the wheels are farther...
48
48

heater control swap
We're working on my neighbor's 1995 Chevy truck , the heater/ac control module is shot . His truck doesn't have rear window defogger , the only available new control is only available with the button...
1
1

Retrain Keyless entry
The keyless entry to my car doesn't work, or rather it only works inside the car. I keep trying to retrain it by turning the key to ON several times. (once 5, then 7). I just had the starter replaced....

spare tyre locations (sedans)
I recall until about the 1990s, that the spare tyre was stored upright in the trunk/boot behind the wheel arch. So was quite convenient to get out. But modern vehicles have it in a well, so one has to...
4
4

Where is the blind spot & how do you check it when crossing a bike lane?
A teen failed her driving test and the instructor wrote that she failed to check her blind spot when making a right turn at an intersection with a green light when the car crossed the bike lane to the...
53
53

Where do you get door glass for a 1996 vehicle?
Apparently Toyota doesn't make the glass anymore. The front passenger side door glass is called "green". The bonded rear quarter glass is called "gray" (no antenna). 68101-35150 Right (passenger side)...
13
13