02 corolla pulls to the right

I have an 02 corolla. I had my car's alignment done, but it did not help. Than I had the wheel's rotated that did not help either. What do you think can be the problem? Is it the play in the steering that it cannot stay in the middle and moves slightly to the right as soon as the car starts moving?

Wajahat

Reply to
sh-aly

Have the inner CVs checked. When these wear and start to bind, it causes a pull to that side. Another symptom is steering wheel wobble at about 40kph, and is often misdiagnosed as wheel balance.

A while back I had to practically force a garage to change the axle, even though they swore there was nothing wrong. The new axle corrected the pulling and steering wheel wobble.

Stewart DIBBS

Reply to
Stewart DIBBS

There is no wobble at any speed. However, when I do touch 80+ I feel faint trembling in the car but not int the steering particularly, and I cannot figure out whether it is the wind resistance or something else. I have had the cv boots and the axle checked again and agian and from different ppl first from a toyota dealer and than the alignment ppl and they did not find anything wrong with both of them. I suspect the tires which are cheap-hercules. What do u guys think?

Reply to
sh-aly

CV joints are not a likely cause of the pull on an '02 Corolla, although you didn't mention how many miles are on the car. Since the car no longer has the original tires, I suspect somewhere around 45,000 miles.

Normal procedure for tire rotation is to put the front tires on the rear without changing which side the tires are mounted on, i.e, right-front goes to right rear; left-front goes to left rear. If the pull is caused by bad tires, then the nature fo the pull would change but not the direction of pull. If you have the tires switched from side to side as a check (radial tires should not be rotated side-to-side) and the pull changes, then you now the tires are the cause. I would go back to the last place you had the alignment done or the place where you purchased the tires to have this done.

Reply to
Ray O