'04 Highlander: can license plate lights be accessed from interior?

The screws holding the license plate lights are corroded away. I can't get an extractor bit into them because my drill its too fat to get a straight a ngle on the screw. If I were to remove the panel from the interior of the h atch door, might I get access to these screws and back them out from inside ?

Thanks.

Reply to
BCDrums