SatNav on 2016 Avensis (big screen)

Is there a way of preventing the satnav from selecting routes that use single track (paved and unpaved) roads?
Just had several hairy moments towing a caravan in the Pyrenees along roads
that did not have passing places. Zut alors!

Although I don't have a satnav, I have read that at least some have the option of specifying the size of the vehicle your driving, where larger vehicles are given routes to match the size vehicle. So if you designated your vehicle as a truck, it would give you truck routes.
Hello cowabunga,

Toyota do not offer that option. I use my TomTom in my 2006 Avensis but the Nov 2015 Avensis only has one 12v socket which is located, inconveniently, in a covered box between the front seats and to the rear of the gear selector and "coffee cup" holder. TomTom,as far as I've been able to discover, do not market an extension lead for the power supply to its windscreen mount.
Keith posted for all of us...

You can buy cigarette cord extension cords at MCM, Mouser or other on-line retailers.
--
Tekkie

"Keith" wrote in message

I have a 2008 Avensis, and although I have the preferences set to main roads/motorways etc, the Satnav still insists on taking me down minor roads.
I now tend to use the the route directions facility in the Google Maps app on my smart phone as my primary satnav, it seems to consistently give superior routing information.