06 Corolla ECM code and recall?

2006 Corolla S, appx 135K 1.8 1zz

Last week the Check Engine light came on, went to a real garage and he said there were no codes current or in history, which he found odd as the light was on when he checked. Seconds after restarting then vehicle the light went out and he had not reset it.

One week and about 350 miles later, light came on, went to Auto Zone and they got a P0138 O2 sensor and a 0606 ECM code. Car is running fine.

I see that there is a recall for these ECM's at:

Questions:

How can I tell, without taking off a day of work, if this ECM is one of the affected ones?

If it is not, are these cars a direct swap from the junk yard without flashing? If not, is there a frugal way around paying a dealer to do the work?

Thanks for any good ideas!

Reply to
rdoc

Updated:

Drove it around town today to a fair number of stops lasting up to 60 minutes but mostly for 5 mins or so. After one 3 minute stop, short enough to leave the car in accessories position with family inside, upon starting, the light is out. Anything here tell-tale about this car?

Reply to
rdoc