1009 Tercel engine problem

1.5 L engine. One cylinder is not firing when idling Does work at higher rpm, i think.... Spark plug is ok and working. Looks like no fuel getting into the cylinder, maybe bad valves ?

thanks Luke

Reply to
mm_k

How do you know that one cylinder is not firing when idling and how do you know that no fuel is getting into the cylinder?

What model year Tercel? Is the engine carbureted or fuel injected? What country?

Reply to
Ray O

when idling Does work at higher

1990, US model, 1.5L this one is carburated. I removed the sparc plug and check the sparc, it works fine. How do I know one cylinder is not firing? When I remove the plug wire, there is not difference, idles rough. Distributor and wires/plugs are fine. Looks like no fuel is getting into the cylinder or for some reason, it doesn't burn.

L.

Reply to
LM

If the carburetor is the electronic carburetor, it is possible that the valves are fouled and may need to be shell-blasted. Check for vacuum leaks and try swapping the spark plugs with another cylinder to see if anything changes or the problem shifts to the cylinder with the swapped spark plug.

Reply to
Ray O
1990 model, not 1009 :)
Reply to