1987 Toyota Van rear seat question

Hi all,

I just purchased an '87 Toyota Van that is missing the middle and rear seats. This is a cargo van that has holes for seat and seatbelt hardware. It also has leaf springs, so the floor is flat where coil springs would normally be located. A previous owner pulled the seats and hardware to use the van for hauling.

I am interested in hardware and seats, but I am wondering which models of Toyota Van I should be looking at to get seats/hardware that match my van. I looked at some vans at a wrecking yard in Portland, OR and could only find '85-'86, and they all had coil springs and different style hardware mounting. I'm guessing I need to find another cargo van with seats and leaf springs, but will anything from '84-'89 work?

Thanks in advance!

Art

Reply to
aburden

That vintage van came in passenger and cargo versions, and the passenger versions came in RWD and 4WD, while the cargo versions were all RWD. To be honest, I don't remember the rear suspension setup on those vans.

There are no factory middle or rear seats or hardware for the cargo versions, so cargo vans with middle or rear seats most likely had aftermarket seats and seat belts installed by conversion companies.

Reply to
Ray O