GPS, Bluetooth, remote-starting options on Scion xA?

Hello!

None of the add-ons in subject are available through Scion.com -- but some dealers offer to install them, some even claiming to be using Toyota's electronics (apparently -- those intended for other models).

Can someone, please, comment on this procedure(s) and on the possible devices?

I wish them to be as simple to use as possible -- the main drivers will be senior, who, if the device is too complicated, will simply not use it at all.

In particular, they should all be well integrated with the rest of the car, Bluetooth should require nothing more but the initial setup so that the phone(s) connect to the speakers and the in-car microphone upon the person's entering the car.

As far as remote-starting -- if the dealer can't install it, do I want Scion's security/alarm, or will it interfere with the "after-market" installer of the remote-starter?

I'm talking about Scion xA -- chosen by the primary drivers for its small size (parking space is at a premium, where they drive).

Thanks a lot for any suggestions!

-mi

Reply to
Mikhail Teterin

What seniors need in cars is less distractions. They're already challenged, in many cases, and that sometimes makes them murderers.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Which is exactly why I want to add these electronics to help them. No map-shuffling (GPS) and no scrambling for the ringing phone (Bluetooth integration).

Bullshit. Look the term up -- none of the vehicular homicides, you are alluding to here, were, actually, murders.

Now, any ON-TOPIC contributions to this thread? Thanks!

-mi

Reply to
Mikhail T.

I'm sure you'll get some responses to the technical questions. As far as murder, a few prosecutors have successfully gotten murder indictments against drivers. They know they won't get convictions, but that's not the point. The goal is to be able to bargain down to the desired penalty, which is usually to prohibit the driver from ever operating a vehicle again. The word "murder" instills enough fear to make people happy to plead to something lesser.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

any double-din stereo should be plug and play

Reply to
SoCalMike