1988 Corolla SR5 a4f

What is the correct idle (rpm) for the 1988 corolla? Getting lots of different local opinions. Put on new distributor and wires and the rpm have dropped from 1000 to 800 on a normal warm idle. Is this OK?

gary

Reply to
Gary

The specification sticker under the hood should show the correct idle speed. Also, idle speed will be different for automatic and manual transmissions.

1,000 RPM is too high; 800 is also a little high. With an automatic transmission, I would suspect around 600 RPM.
Reply to
Ray O

Sorry Ray, it is a manual - I forgot to specify.

gary

Reply to
Gary

Check the specification sticker under the hood to be sure, manual transmission idle should be in the neighborhood of 500 to 600 RPM.

Reply to
Ray O

Thanks Ray!

Reply to