1993 Corolla exhaust

Jack mutters: 1993 Corolla

The exhaust system has been mis-positioned, possibly by a shove on the end of the tailpipe.

Is this system stainless, and would it harm it if I get a muffler shop to heat the pipe somewhere and bend it back into position?

I can tell it's been shoved forward because the muffler hangers are stretched a lot, and one of them won't quite reach any more.

Your expert opinion is invited.

- Jack

Reply to
Ralph

If it is the original exhaust system, then IIRC, it is stainless. It is not necessary to heat it up to bend it back into position but because if its age, there is a possibility that the metal will crack when bending it back.

While you are at it, check the engine and transmission mounts to make sure they are not out of position and pulling the exhaust forward.

Reply to
Ray O

Shouldn't be a problem as long as the pipe is not buckled and about to crack. Put a torch on it and give it a shot.

Reply to
qslim

Thankyou folks. I'll watch what I back into in future!

- Jack

Reply to
Ralph